just some shit to make you think...about how much you love angelator and other issues important to the world.

Monday, June 14, 2004

So this weekend went rather nicely. After birdman went to services for his uncle we ended up at the cabin, (we being me, ryan, baby bison and paul.... and of course our corresponding dogs.) We did the usual, smoked and ate and watched fire and wandered in the woods. Ok I opted out of the woods-wandering because, well, I have execrize. No really I think I was paranoid and already had plenty of mosquito bites. One note worthy event that I think you all will find amusing is this: I was getting ready to leave Sunday because I had to work, and as I was putting on me bra I heard Mr. Squeekers barking... not from the porch where I left him 1-2 minutes earlier, but from under my window. I looked out to see Apollo running like a gazelle across the front yard area. I booked outside, shirt in hand, only to see mr squeekers 40 or so yards away in the road barking and and chomping mosquitos. I put on my shirt and, in my work clothes, ran after him. (my two dogs had been inside with me on the leash because we were about to leave...) I think I would have caught him had not this man on a motorcycle (with an empty sidecar) passed us at that moment, sending squeekers into a tizzy. He chased the bike... You may be asking yourself why someone on a motorcycle with a sidecar would be riding on an unpaved dirt road outside a cabin in great valley, I too pondered that very question. I have not come up with any answers except that maybe god put him there so my work clothes would get muddy. Thus began my odyssey into the fucking muddy woods yelling (and at least once desperately sob-screaming, probably due to the weedhangover) 'MR SQUEEKERS' 'APOLLO' and 'WHO WANTS A TREAT' (I am just really glad I decided to grab my shirt before I ran outside) for at least 20 minutes, all the while hopping over fallen dead trees, swarms of mosquitos and lots of dead leaves that make for really unsteady ground. Once they entered the woods I lost them except for glimpses here and there, like mr.squeekers splashing around in the lake only to be lured deeper into the woods by Apollo before I could grab him. I was sliding down minimuddy embankments and everything. It sucked. Finally I ran up to the road to see if beth, paul and ryonce had come back from the general store. They were there and paul was able to somehow scoop up mr squeekers and apollo followed no problem. It may have had something to do with the fact that now they were surrounded and not being chased. If apollo listened to me maybe he would have never gotten 'lost'. Two things I didnt need to hear during/after this ordeal: 1) beth saying angerly and completely seriously as she runs into the woods to look for squeekers 'If I dont find him I'm going to loose twinkie' (as If I fucking let them go or something) and 2) Paul saying, yeah he ran right to me, with this tone in his voice like maybe I was stupid or maybe I didnt look for them, or maybe I dont know, maybe nothing cause I was really worked up, but seriously, be nice when I chase your mutts through the woods next time, damn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home